Tipton Structural Fabrication Inc
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc is a fabrication facility of structural steel and miscellaneous metals which include beams and columns, metal stairs, railings, and ladders for the construction industry. Some of our projects include: U of I Kinnick Stadium North Stands in Iowa City, PCI Medical Pavilion II in Cedar Rapids and Tyson’s Material Handling Expansion in Waterloo.
We have immediate opening for a Full Time Outbound Material Handler at our Tipton location! Outbound Material Handler Duties:
- Stage material for paint room and post fabrication processes
- Keep all fabricated material organized and staged for shipment
- Load trucks for customer delivery per loading procedures
- Keep yard organized, lanes clear and place dunnage in racks
- Work with Shipping Coordinator to plan and load shipments
- When directed, assist inbound material handling
- Assist with Production Support as required
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Demonstrate a commitment to process and quality improvement
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork
- Uphold, support and promote all company policies, procedures, and vision
- Stay current with changes in industry and position
Outbound Material Handler Requirements: Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate and figure load weights.
- Ability to read, write, and perform higher computations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver License
- Forklift certification
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry short distances
- Stand and/or walk frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Use hands and fingers, handle, grasp, hold or feel frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Sit frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Stoop, bend and/or crouch, occasionally during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Climb or balance frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Kneel or crawl occasionally during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Hear sufficiently to be aware of safety issues.
- Push/Pull material to properly guide into place occasionally during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Close vision – clear vison at 20 inches or less.
- Distance vision – clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Depth perception – three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to adjust focus – ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Work near handling equipment with moving parts frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Exposure to sparks, fumes, odors, dust frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions frequently during 8-10 hour work shift.
- Exposure to Toxic or caustic chemicals occasionally during 8-10 hour work shift.
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc. offers a group benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability (short and long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation and holidays for all full time positions. Do you take pride in producing a high-quality product? Do you enjoy working with the latest equipment? Do you prefer a family friendly organization with a positive culture and the ability to have flex time to attend school/family events? Then come join Tipton Structural Fabrication located in Tipton, Iowa. To learn more about Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc., go to: www.tsf-structures.com (TSF Structures, Inc., the sister company website).