Tipton Structural Fabrication Inc
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc is a fabrication facility of structural steel and miscellaneous metals which include beams and columns, metal stairs, railings and ladders for the construction industry. Some of our projects include: U of I Kinnick Stadium North Stands in Iowa City, PCI Medical Pavilion II in Cedar Rapids and Tyson’s Material Handling Expansion in Waterloo. We have an upcoming opening for a Production and Inventory Control position at our Tipton location. Position Summary: Performs a variety of duties in receiving, issuing, handling, and accounting for production and inventory control. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential job duties for this position include the following items.
- Receive all shipments of raw material and hardware
- Verify POs to deliveries and let purchasing and accounting know of any discrepancies
- Do quarterly physical inventory counts, verify and adjust as needed
- Check for material and excess hardware for purchasing, pull hardware when needed
- Create Production Control reports (pick lists, cut lists & paint lists)
- Update shipping routes as needed
- Key and check piece tracking for Tipton Plant employees
- Update excel inventory file and bolt room signs when product is received in and shipped out
- Make sure all items and hardware on loads are taken from stock
- Complete ship tickets for all outgoing loads
- Review all plant employee timecards prior to passing on to Plant Manager
- Work overtime as business requires
- Demonstrate a commitment to process and quality improvement
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork
- Uphold, support and promote all company policies, procedures, and vision
- Stay current with changes in industry and position
- Quickly and effectively solve problems and communicate those solutions
- Other duties must be performed as assigned or required
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required. Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and six months to one-year related experience or training and experience equivalent to education and experience. Technical/Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Outlook and Excel are essential tools for this position
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP programs is a plus
- Preferred Experience
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry short distances less than 25% of work time
- Stand and/or walk less than 25% of work time
- Use hands and fingers, handle, grasp, hold or feel over 75% of work time
- Stoop, bend and/or crouch, less than 25% of work time
- Talk or hear over 75% of work time.
Vision Requirements: Close vision – clear vison at 20 inches or less. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Work in office environment over 75% of the time
- Outdoor weather exposure less than 25% of work time
- Work near equipment with moving parts less than 25% of work time
- Welding sparks/fumes and dust present less than 25% of work time
Noise Level: Light to Very Loud: Typical office environment with occasional time spent in company shops with welding and fabrication noise, trucks, forklifts.