Tipton Structural Fabrication Inc
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc is a fabrication facility of structural steel and miscellaneous metals which include beams and columns, metal stairs, railings, and ladders for the construction industry. Some of our projects include: U of I Kinnick Stadium North Stands in Iowa City, PCI Medical Pavilion II in Cedar Rapids and Tyson’s Material Handling Expansion in Waterloo.
We have immediate opening for a Full Time Production Coordinator at our Tipton location!
Production Coordinator Duties:
- Coordinates, and improves, information flow between detailing and shop to enhance production performance.
- Utilizes and improves the use of MRP system to provide information to the shop, ie: cutlists, picklists, material barcodes.
- Performs duties outside of normal work process/area as directed by manager.
- Utilize routing to balance production output.
- Verify all fabrication information is available for production.
- Combine material to minimize waste and maximize production efficiency.
- Put together fabrication packets with drawings and other fabrication information for machine and welders.
- Participate in shop scheduling meetings.
- Follow all revision procedures.
- Helps to develop, follow and ensure others follow inventory procedures.
- Perform physical inventory counts.
- Basic understanding of shop drawings.
- Troubleshoots and works with other departments to resolve complex system/process issues successfully.
- Strong initiative.
- Manage hardware(bolts, nuts, washers etc.)
- Make barcode labels.
- Work with shop employee to ensure production tracking is completed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to process and quality improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork.
- Uphold, support and promote all company policies, procedures, and vision.
- Stay current with changes in industry and position.
- Serve as back up to Shipping Coordinator and Production Support
Production Coordinator Requirements:
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical
School or 3-5 years related experience or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and carry short distances occasionally during work shift.
- Stand and/or walk occasionally during work shift.
- Use hands and fingers, handle, grasp, hold or feel frequently during work shift.
- Stoop, bend and/or crouch occasionally during work shift.
- Sit frequently during work shift.
- Hear sufficiently to be aware of safety issues.
- Close vision – clear vison at 20 inches or less.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Work in office environment frequently.
- Outdoor weather exposure occasionally.
- Work near equipment with moving parts occasionally.
- Welding sparks/fumes and dust present occasionally.
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc. offers a group benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability (short and long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation and holidays for all full time positions.
Do you take pride in producing a high-quality product? Do you enjoy working with the latest equipment? Do you prefer a family friendly organization with a positive culture and the ability to have flex time to attend school/family events? Then come join Tipton Structural Fabrication located in Tipton, Iowa.
To learn more about Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc., go to: www.tsf-structures.com (TSF Structures, Inc., the sister company website).